“My birthday is coming up.”
This phrase is self consciously worked into conversation the world over. If it’s a human you’re talking to, they’ll understand when you say “my birthday is coming-up,” you are also saying “and you need to give a shit or I’ll hate you.”
For some, her/his birthday is “just [...]
I used to hate it too.
And I totally get the bitterness.
Valentine’s is a day with waxy chocolate, shady origins and an abrasive color palette. It’s just obnoxious. But. (And it took me years before I could accept this) I actually have to defend it.
- "I hear that your friendship bracalet class is really something!" It is. #summercamp Time ago 23 Hours
- "Joe, you're on the schedule to walk the goats twice this week." #summercamp Time ago 2 Days
- @EECraig Where are you going to Staaaay!? Time ago 2 Days
- @haleighvic I'm just sorry I'm not there to pull you off the floor! Time ago 2 Days
- My banner ads are realllly trying to sell me a classy evening gown, no thanks Jose! Time ago 7 Days
Follow @JoeWadlington on twitter.
Air your grievances/ask your questions: