This month, I was lucky enough to be on a beach. I had a week there, so I decided to pound out April’s book in one, 7-day stroke. Jonathan Franzen’s “Freedom” was my ammo. 526 pages; ready, aim, fire.
So “Freedom” was a really big deal in 2010, when I got it. But then [...]
SPOILER ALERT: Some Hunger Games twists (like when Prim is killed by bears) are revealed in this post. Sorry.
I arrived in New York excited and with little hassle. In honor of the city I put in my ear buds and mustered up some indifference to cover my smile. There was the usual bustle of [...]
- "And we're casting Joe as the Space Cowboy because, duh." I'm beaming. Time ago 5 Hours
- Of all the classes I teach, Lathe Working has the most opportunities for quality dick jokes. Time ago 1 Day
- RT @BoobsRadley: Pound cake is the best dessert name that also orders you to do something. Time ago 2 Days
- @KateGsUp Send me a letter and you'll get a friendship bracelet back! Time ago 2 Days
- @EECraig Tourist Town. Check out Bourbon & Branch for a speakeasy themed whiskey time; make sure you grab the password from their website. Time ago 2 Days
Follow @JoeWadlington on twitter.
Air your grievances/ask your questions: